The Spring Switch
Nothing beats the feeling of slipping into your first pair of open-toed shoes of the season, or wearing a T-shirt without having to layer up. The first signs of spring are finally here and we couldn’t be more eager to embrace these beautiful warmer day coming ahead with some new styles mixed with some old favourites. Transitional dressing is more than just packing up your winter clothes; it involves some thinking, so you will leave your house looking relaxed and comfortable. So, I thought i would come up with some tips that will help you with spring dressing.
1. Use a colorful scarf for warmth and looks—You might be itching to wear your Breton stripes and a light denim jacket, but you'll still need that extra bit of protection. A jaunty scarf adds a crucial pop of color but also keeps your neck toasty.
2. Keep your old standbys by your side—Switch in tights in varying degrees of heft with your stand-by trench + cutoffs + shirt combo, and you'll have an outfit you can wear 9 months out of the year. Ditch the wool stockings for tights in a lighter, sheerer fabric for an updated springtime look.
3. Opt for a sexy leotard to show some skin—Sheer panels help you flash your assets without freezing them off. Keep it ladylike (and cozy) with a nubby cardigan, and add boyish pants to balance it out.
4. A calf-length skirt is the right length—Throw on knee socks or a pair of smart stockings, and a fuller-length skirt should be warm enough for you to go skimpier on top. Bring out those cropped jackets and little sweaters!
5. Dig out those neutrals and wear them all at once—Beiges and soft colors might have seemed impractical in the winter (you remember how quickly a white pair of pants get ruined in the slush), but they make a heavy outfit seem lighter. For chillier days, pile on the neutrals to combat the cold.
Hope this helps you prepare.
Join me next Tuesday on Top Wear!
Until next time! Ciao:)
Who's Reading Top Choice?
- TOP CHOICE MEDIA proudly supports this event. See you there. t.co/Qf7Vq1egKo
- Find out who's featuring on the cover of t.co/r58sRFvHxi
- Distribution is in effect, but if you want it now click here. t.co/6ZuDcEHaw2
- sharing passion. share the virus. t.co/0wAzMppK9m
- I've just updated my professional profile on LinkedIn. Connect with me and view my profile. t.co/vctFziM4US #in